landlord insurance brokers

Thursday 14 May 2009

Landlords advised to use a landlord insurance broker to obtain suitable landlord insurance cover

Some landlords make the mistake of thinking that they are covered by standard domestic buildings insurance for letting their property to tenants and that they do not need specialist landlord insurance.

Standard home insurance policy will often exclude cover for any property from which income is earned; and any claims made on such a policy will be rejected by the insurer. This means that many landlords and tenants are risking thousands of pounds of their personal possessions by not insuring themselves against accidents, bad weather or crime.

In the case of landlords who have a standard household policy, as well as not being covered for what they think they are, they may not be covered for accidental or malicious damage by tenants; loss of rent following an insured peril; landlord liability; or if their property is empty for more than 30 days.

Landlords are therefore advised to use a landlord insurance broker to ensure that they get the most suitable and cheapest landlord insurance for their property portfolio.

Bookmark and Share


Post a Comment